It's Friday, kids. Here are a few things you might want to do this weekend. The exciting twist: for my own sanity in terms of organizing a truly overwhelming amount of info (and also because of my unhealthily intense level of devotion to hyper-local boosterism) for now this blog will focus on stuff going on in Albany proper. Thanks to Nippertown, Albany.org, and all of the folks out there who actually bother posting their events on Instagram.
- Kung Fu at The Hollow, 9:00
- The Creepy Club / Horse Apples / Glymmur / Raw Land at The Low Beat, at 6 PM, followed by The Mulligans at 8 PM.
- A local sludge rock/hard rock/metal show from 8:30 at Pauly's Hotel
- A family-friendly folk/singer-songwriter benefit concert for local refugee services at the Unitarian church on Washington. Wholesome!
- DJ Trumaster will be at The Savoy, 9 to midnight.
- “We Shall Overcome”: A Musical Celebration of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr at The Egg, 7:30
- Obscure 80s Night at Pint Sized (DJ playing obscure 80s Vinyl) Starting 8:00
- Bear Grass / Sinnet / Onlyness at The Low Beat, 8 PM
- Stand and Wave / Caribbean Crisis / Immune Friction at Pauly's Hotel, 8:30
- Pauly's hotel holding down the fort. Bicycle Inn / A Judgmental Swarm of Bees / Taylor Wing. Doors at 7:00.
- Doc Orloff's Blues Elixer at McGeary's, 8:00-midnight.
- Free classes all morning before noon at Lark Street Yoga
- Continuing with the healthy theme, Albany Running Exchange is doing a group run followed by group beers. starting at 2:00 at Fort Orange
- Local author Alexis Bhagat will be doing a reading at the Excelsior Pub, Starting from 1:30
- If you have kiddos this might be fun: a Very Hungry Caterpillar puppet show at The Egg.
- The Albany Vegan Network is having a Meet and Greet, if you're into that kind of thing
- Fort Orange Brewing is hosting a pretty great deal for y'all flexible types: $13 for a yoga class and a pint of beer of your choice to follow, 11:00-12:00
- If you're really hung over, looking at some cast iron stoves at the Albany Institute seems like a soothing way to while away an afternoon.
- Or if you're not hung over enough, Nine Pin is hosting an "Embrace the Grey" Earl Grey tea party at their tasting room, with Earl Grey shortbread, an Earl Grey cocktail, and live music from Honey Slider. 3:00-5:00.
Tell Me How Badly I'm Doing
Know about something awesome that I missed? Think you could do a better job at this and want to contribute? Email me at Albablogblog@gmail.com or leave a comment below.