It's officially fall, when you get to feel smug about living in Upstate NY! Welcome to your roundup of events happening this weekend in the city of Albany. Thanks to Albany.org, and all of the folks out there who actually bother posting their events on their websites. Posting of events depends on my whims: recurring events may or may not be posted depending on how much other stuff is going on. Anything already sold out by noon on Friday won't be posted. Items in bold are taking place over multiple days or locations. *Asterisks* indicate an Albablog-recommended event.
Because your humble Albablogger is currently facing a major deadline out in the real world, this edition of your weekend events roundup will be an abbreviated version featuring only events that I think might be of particular interest. Have a happy weekend!
Ongoing Events This Season
- USS Slater tours
This Weekend Only
*'An Orphan No More': Recently Discovered Oil Sketch by Anthony Van Dyck at the Albany Institute*
- Pop-Up Beer Garden by Opalka Gallery at 140 Scotland Ave, 6:00 - 9:00
- Film screening: "Man on Wire" at 135 Western Ave, 7:30
*- Washington Park Farmer's Market, 10:00 - 2:00* Last weekend to go to this!
- South End Market at 20 Warren Street, 10:00 - 3:00
- Oktoberfest 5K, Broadway and Ferry Street, 10:15
- The 11th Annual Wolff's Biergarten Oktoberfest Block Party, 11:00 - 7:00
- Exploring Eternity at Albany Rural Cemetary, 2:00
*- Stitched Fashion Show at the TU Center, 4:30*
- A Very Special Evening With Graham Nash at The Egg, 8:00
- Live Match Game Show Night at Fort Orange Brewing, 6:00 - 9:00
- Hispanic Heritage Celebration at Albany Convention Center, 6:00-10:00
- Brilliant and Bristly Buckmoths at the Pine Bush Preserve, 1:00
- The Great Cider Cycle at Nine Pin Tasting Room, 2:00
- Bianca Del Rio at The Egg, 8:00
Tell Me How Badly I'm Doing
Know about something awesome that I missed? Think you could do a better job at this and want to contribute? Email me at Albablogblog@gmail.com or leave a comment below.